Thursday, March 31, 2011

Hack to Force Nodo Update

One of our readers Mike, found this on the Intertubes:

If you are still waiting, here is how to force the update as per http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1015131
1. Start Zune
2. Turn off Data connection and Wifi on the Phone  Simply turn airplane mode on
3. Connect the Phone with the PC (USB)
4. Start the update search in Zune
5. About 3 seconds later, disconnect your PC from the internet (Turn WLAN off).
6. Zune finds NoDo-Update. Press Update.
7. Connect to the internet again and install the update.

Thanks Mike!

I am trying this myself but I think I couldn't get the timing of #5 to work

Over at WPCentral, the success rate from the comments looks to be around 50%.  The disabling of WLAN from the Intertubes ranges from turning off WiFi on your laptop, yanking the WiFi dongle, yanking the network cable, and disabling the WiFi connection from Windows.

Couple things that you will need is that you must have the Feburary update (build 7008) and your carrier/phone update delivery status has to be in "Delivering Update" stage.

Feel free to share whether or not it works for you.  I'll continue to try..

Big Thank You to Mike again!  By the way, Mike has a branded Telus HTC Surround locked to Telus.

*Update* - finally got this hack to work this morning.  I have an SIM unlocked HTC Surround.  Also, you do not have to repeat all these steps.  If step #5 fails, just restart the update search (turn your WLAN on again) and repeat #4 and #5.  I have a wifi connection so I clicked up, move my mouse to the wireless connection icon in the system tray, click that open, click my wireless connection and click "Disconnect".  Did this a couple of times and it worked.  I tried pulling my wireless dongle yesterday and that didn't work for me at all.

Make sure you have enough harddrive space as I think Zune creates the backup on your C: drive.  Good luck to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment